Excellence in Care Close to Home
St. Joseph Hospital, part of the Catholic Health system since 2010, is a community hospital located in Bethpage, NY. Our compassionate doctors, nurses and health care staff are committed to providing excellence in care to meet the health needs of our patients. At St. Joseph Hospital, we pride ourselves on delivering safe and skilled care that patients and their loved ones can trust.
About St. Joseph Hospital
St. Joseph Hospital Leadership Team
- Peter Scaminaci, President
- Howard Sussman, MD, Chief Medical Officer
- Barbara Gibbons, Vice President, Patient Care
- Ihab Ibrahim, Vice President Patient Safety & Clinical Program Development
- John Morahan, Vice President Finance
- Peter Chiacchiaro, Vice President, Human Resources
- Kathleen Kennedy, Assistant Vice President, Operations
Catholic Health Executive Leadership
- Patrick O’Shaughnessy, DO, MBA, MS-POPH, FACEP, CHCQM, President and Chief Executive Officer
- Jason M. Golbin, DO, MBA, MS, Executive Vice President and Chief Medical Officer
- Dennis Verzi, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer
- Daniel DeBarba, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
- Joseph Carofano, Senior Vice President for Strategy and Chief Marketing Officer
- Tracy E. Miller, Esq., Executive Vice President and General Counsel
- Anthony Pellicano, Senior Vice President and Chief HR Officer
- Peggy Maher, Chief Development Officer
- Received the 2021 American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines®-Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award as well as the Target: Stroke Honor Roll Elite Award. Additionally, made the Association’s Target: Type 2 Diabetes Honor Roll.
- Rated by U.S. News & World Report as high performing for heart failure, COPD and kidney failure. (2021-2022)
- Earned the Target Honor Roll Elite Plus Quality Achievement Award from the American Stroke Association (2019).
- Diabetes Education Center of Excellence as recognized by the American Diabetes Association and the American Association of Diabetes Educators.
LAST UPDATED: OCTOBER 2021
St. Joseph Hospital offers free wellness events and free health screenings.
We, at Catholic Health, humbly join together to bring Christ’s healing mission and the mission of mercy of the Catholic Church expressed in Catholic health care to our communities.
To be the preferred health care system on Long Island for patients, doctors and staff.
Our I-CARE Values
Integrity: We are who we say we are and act in accordance with the splendor of truth of our Catholic moral teaching and our Catholic values.
Compassion: We have compassion for our patients, see the suffering Christ in them, strive to alleviate suffering and serve the spiritual, physical and emotional needs of our patients.
Accountability: We take responsibility for our actions and their consequences.
Respect: We honor the sanctity of life at every stage of life and the dignity of every person, and incorporate all the principles of Catholic social teaching in our relationships and advocacy.
Excellence: We seek the glory of God in the compassionate service of our patients, and we strive to do the best that can be done, whatever our role.
The Story Behind Our Logo
Our logo communicates the power of faith, hope and healing found both in our Catholic Faith and our work at Catholic Health. The shape of the logo evokes two images. The first is that of a chalice and sacred host, representing the elements of Holy Communion, the Body and Blood of Jesus Christ, the very heart of the Catholic Faith. As a graphic element, the chalice and host also becomes the figure of a human person, arms uplifted in a celebration of the gifts of life, health and healing, especially as these reflect the mission of Catholic Health.