CPE Admission Policy
Please download and print the application and reference forms below to be considered for the Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) program of Catholic Health Services (CHS).
Send the reference form directly to those who know you. Inform them to send the form directly to Fr. Jack Crabb, SJ, Clinical Pastoral Educator.
Mail your completed application to Fr. Jack Crabb.
Clinical Pastoral Education
Attn.: Fr. John T. Crabb, SJ
Catholic Health Services of Long Island
992 North Village Avenue, Rockville Center NY 11570
We will schedule an interview when your application is complete.
- Completed application
- Admission interview
- Basic college degree (BA or BS)
- Adequate background in theology to participate in theological reflection
- Ability to reflect on ministry and learn from experiences
- Ability to participate in an adult learning model
- Ability to successfully pass a background check and health screening as required by Employee Health
Who May Enroll
CHS's CPE has seen seminarians, ordained ministers and priests, lay men and women, religious sisters and brothers, nurses and social workers enrolled in our program. Many faiths have been represented. Some will enroll in CPE as a requirement from their ordination body. Others desire to follow a career as a chaplain. Still others sign up for CPE for a personal growth experience or to discern a ministry direction.