- 1 1/2 cups cooked cannellini beans
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes
- 3/4 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 small red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, shaved
- 4 ounces olive oil
- 1 (12-inch) multi grain baguette
- Place the cannellini beans and basil in a large bowl.
- Cut grape tomatoes in half and place in the bowl with beans.
- Cut olives in half, making sure they do not contain pits. Place olives in the bowl with rest of the mixture.
- Peel the red onion and slice thinly.
- Chop 3 cloves of garlic. Add onion and garlic to the mixture.
- Add 2 ounces olive oil and mix well.
- Slice the baguette in half, length-wise.
- Chop the remaining garlic clove and mix with the remaining olive oil. Brush both pieces of the baguette with the olive oil mixture and grill on a hot grill until toasted.
- Cut bread into 6 even pieces and place the grilled bread on a platter. Top with the bruschetta mixture.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese.