Recipe Courtesy of St. Charles Hospital
- 1/2 cup ricotta, whole milk
- 1/8 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 orange, zest only
- 1 tablespoon dark chocolate, shaved
- Pinch Kosher salt
- 3 sheets Phyllo dough
- In a chilled bowl, whisk together ricotta, vanilla, sugar, zest, chocolate shavings and salt and reserve.
- Place one sheet of Phyllo dough on a sheet of parchment paper, then brush the top with melted butter until completely covered.
- Place a second sheet on top of first and brush with butter, then do the same with the third.
- Pipe cheese mixture onto the lip of Phyllo dough length-wise.
- Roll tight, then bake in a 375-degree oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to completely cool, then drizzle with melted chocolate and dust with powdered sugar.
- Cut into 1-inch pieces and serve.