Recipe Courtesy of St. Charles Hospital
- 2 cans (15 oz.) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup tahini — or substitute sun butter or peanut butter
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- Place drained and rinsed chickpeas in a saucepot and cover with room temperature water.
- Place on high heat and bring to a boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and drain.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor bowl and mix until smooth. This can be done in batches if the food processor is not large enough, but place all batches in a bowl after processing and mix thoroughly to blend.
- Serve with apple wedges, pretzels, bananas or whatever other “dipper”.