Recipe Courtesy of St. Joseph Hospital
- 1 medium head cauliflower, stem removed — about 4 cups riced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 (4oz.) raw chicken breasts, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/2 cup water chestnuts
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon garden seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper
- Cut the cauliflower into chunks. Working in batches, pulse the cauliflower in a food processor until coarse and similar in texture to rice.
- In a large skillet, add garlic and 1/2 tablespoon oil. Add chopped cauliflower.
- Use a spatula to evenly flatten cauliflower; cook, stirring occasionally for 4-5 minutes or until the cauliflower starts to brown.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to skillet; stir to combine.
- Add green onions, peas, mushrooms, carrots and onions. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring often, for about 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender crisp.
- Make two wells in the middle of the vegetable mixture and add eggs. Cook just until the eggs set.
- Add chicken, garden seasoning, red pepper and soy sauce to skillet and stir to thoroughly combine.