Recipe courtesy of Christina Adduci, MS, RD, CDN, Clinical Nutrition Manager, St. Francis Hospital & Heart Center®
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 35 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
Serving Size: 4 slices
- 1 white onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 medium red bell pepper (diced)
- 1 1/2 cups zucchini (diced)
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400F. Over medium-low heat, heat oil in a 10-inch skillet. Stir in onion and cook until slightly brown, about 10 minutes. Add peppers and cook 5 more minutes. Then add zucchini. Season with salt and pepper and cook 3 more minutes stirring occasionally.
- In a medium bowl whisk eggs, parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Add eggs to the skillet making sure eggs cover all the vegetables. When the edges begin to set (about 2 minutes) move skillet to oven.
- Cook about 10-15 minutes or until frittata is completely cooked.
- Serve warm and cut into 4 pieces.
Serving Size: 1/4th Slice
- Calories: 186 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Protein: 13g
- Fat: 11.5g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 284mg
- Sodium: 226.5mg
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 4g