Recipe Courtesy of St. Joseph Hospital
- 2 zucchinis, cut into thin rounds
- 1 handful of grape tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup mini pepperoni, sliced
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Fresh chopped parsley, optional
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add zucchini rounds and cook until slightly golden, about 1-2 minutes on each side. Work in batches if necessary. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place cooked zucchini rounds onto a large baking sheet lined with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Top each zucchini round with mozzarella, then mini pepperoni slices and tomato. Sprinkle Italian seasoning on top.
- Place into oven and broil until cheese has melted, about 1-2 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley, if desired.