Recipe Courtesy of Good Samaritan Hospital
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (8 oz.) package pasta
- 1 head broccoli
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Warm olive oil in a small frying pan over low heat.
- Slowly cook garlic in oil until golden, about 2-3 minutes. Be very careful not to burn garlic.
- Stir in lemon juice and season with pepper.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water.
- About 5 minutes before the pasta is done, drop broccoli into the pasta water.
- Continue to cook until the pasta is cooked and broccoli is crisp-tender.
- Toss the pasta, broccoli and lemon sauce in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.