Recipe courtesy of Daniel Batista, Executive Chef, St. Catherine of Siena Hospital
Yield: 1 pound/1 serving
- Chicken breast (whole) 1 lbs 8 oz
- Low-fat cheddar jack cheese 2 1/2 cups
- Low-fat cream cheese 6 oz
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Paprika 1 tsp
- Garlic powder 1 tsp
- Onion powder 1 tsp
- Oregano (dry) 1 tsp
- Cumin 1 tsp
- Cayanne pepper 1/4 tsp
- Water 1 cup
- Poach chicken in low sodium chicken stock until internal temperature is 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While chicken is still warm pull chicken apart with two forks until all of it is shredded.
- Combine all ingredients except the cheddar jack cheese in a bowl and pour into a glass or metal baking pan. Increase Cayenne to ½ tsp if you would like it to be spicier.
- Evenly coat the top of the chicken dip with the cheddar jack cheese and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes then enjoy!