Recipe Courtesy of St. Charles Hospital
Makes 5 servings of 3 tacos each.
Turkey Taco Ingredients
- 1 pound turkey thighs, boneless and skinless
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 cup salsa, mild
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Lettuce shells: Boston, Bibb or Butter lettuce
- 1 pound cabbage slaw mix
- 1/2 cup finely chopped jalapeños
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
Directions to Cook Turkey
- Season turkey thighs with cumin, paprika and chili powder.
- Preheat grill, spray with cooking spray and sear turkey.
- Place broth, salsa and seared turkey thighs in an ovenproof pan.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for approximately 2 hours.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest 10-15 minutes.
- Shred and serve.
Directions to Prepare Slaw
- Combine cabbage, onions and jalapeños in a bowl.
- Add olive oil, vinegar, lime juice and cilantro.
- Combine well and serve 2-3 tablespoons per taco.