Recipe courtesy of St. Francis Hospital & Heart Center®
Prep time: 1 hour
Yields 4 servings
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion (diced)
- 5 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 medium zucchini (cut into ½ inch chunks)
- 1 pound red potatoes (quartered and cut into ½ inch chunks)
- 2 medium carrots (peeled and sliced)
- 1 red bell pepper (diced)
- 1-28 ounce canned diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- In a large pot, sauté onion until soft in olive oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Add zucchini, carrots, potatoes, bell pepper and tomatoes and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Bring to a boil then simmer, uncovered, until potatoes are soft. The stew will thicken.
- Stir in parsley and serve.
Serving size: 1 Cup
- Calories: 257 kcal
- Protein: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 42gm
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 313 mg
- Fiber: 10 g