COVID-19 has not stopped Catholic Health Home Care from caring for patients in the comfort of their homes. Our highly skilled nurses and therapists continued our mission to bring care to those healing at home. We minister to those recovering with this virus as well as people recovering with unrelated health issues.
We’ve implemented new practices and protocols to ensure the safety of those we care for during every home visit and to keep our program strong, safe and effective, including:
- Screening all patients and family members prior to each visit to make sure all the right infection control precautions are used during the visit.
- Staff wearing personnel protective equipment.
- Asking our patients and their family members in the home to wear a face-covering when we visit.
- When we care for patients with the virus our staff will use disposable or dedicated equipment for that person, such as stethoscopes, and we will be sure to carefully dispose of all personal protective equipment outside the home once our home visit is complete.
- We are scheduling COVID-19 patient visits at the end of the day so there’s no danger of exposure to other patients.
Rest assured we are fully operational and able to safely care for people in their home throughout Long Island. It is our privilege and honor to help those recovering at home.
Please call 631-828-7400 if you or someone in your home requires the services of Catholic Home Care.
Kim Kranz, RN, MS
President, Catholic Health Home Care & Good Shepherd Hospice