Optimize Your Health and Wellness
Functional medicine is a science-based health care approach that individualizes unique diagnostic and treatment programs to empower you to take control of your health and wellness.
At Catholic Health's Center for Functional Medicine and Optimal Health in East Hills, NY, our dedicated care team will work with you and your health care provider to develop interventions in order to optimize your health. We create a personalized assessment of your overall health, taking into account how your lifestyle, environment and genetic predisposition to disease may affect disease prevention and management.
Our treatment options address the root cause of illness rather than only treating the symptoms.
Our Guiding Principles
- Participatory. Empowers you to partner with our team and take control of your health.
- Personalized. Tailored treatment plans based on your individual genetic and environmental factors.
- Predictive. Health strategies to minimize potential health risks based on genetics or other factors.
- Preventive. Promotes a proactive and functional approach to treating illness before the onset.
Center for Functional Medicine and Optimal Health
2200 Northern Boulevard, Suite 127
East Hills, NY 11548
Center for Functional Medicine and Optimal Health Programs
Our three-month programs are available by appointment. Please call 516-302-8535 to schedule an appointment and for more information about insurance coverage.
- Learn how to use natural food as a way to shift your biochemistry, metabolizing stored fat for fuel.
- Learn how different foods may affect your health and how to sustain the habits you have built to transform your relationship with food.
- Learn about the drivers of insulin resistance, which may result in diabetes, heart disease and inflammatory response.
- Learn how maintaining a healthy diet and lifestyle may help prevent these types of diseases.
- Learn how to help minimize the side effects of chemotherapy/radiation, showing you how adjunctive treatment, movement and exercise can make a difference in your recovery.
- Learn how stress management, physical activities and healthy foods can promote overall well-being.
Healthy gastrointestinal (GI) function is a key foundation to achieving optimal health.
- Learn how lifestyle and diet can affect many GI disorders such as irritable bowel syndrome and Crohn’s disease.
- Learn about functional medicine approaches to heal your gut and improve your overall health.
- Learn key factors that may affect your immunity.
- Learn different strategies to help you create immune resilience and become less symptomatic.
- Learn how strategies such as intermittent fasting, exercise and hot/cold treatments can affect longevity, improve your quality of life and help you age gracefully.
- Learn how the mind body connection to pain management is extremely important.
- Learn about several approaches such as acupressure, mindfulness, massage and other therapeutic techniques to help you manage your pain and feel well.
- Learn how to improve your overall health based on your unique biology and physiology.
- Learn how to adjust medications, make appropriate diet choices and improve your quality of life based upon your individual genomics.
- Learn how declining hormone levels associated with age can affect your well-being and what can be done to manage them for optimal health.