Guidelines for Visitation as Per NYS Department of Health
As per the recent Health Advisory: Revised Skilled Nursing Facility Visitation issued 3/25/21 from the New York State Department, the following shall be implemented and must be adhered to during the COVID-19 State Public Health Emergency.
- Visitation at this time will be permitted by appointment only, during specified visitation hours and in outside areas of the facility (weather permitting) and indoor areas as detailed below. At this time visitation will be restricted to two visitors per resident for 60 minute intervals.
- Outdoor Areas: North and South Patio Areas
- Indoor Areas: North and South Dayrooms. Indoor visitation will commence except during the following circumstances when visitation should be limited due to a high risk of COVID-19 transmission (exception – compassionate care visits will be permitted at all times as deemed necessary by the care plan team). Indoor visitation will be limited for:
- Unvaccinated residents if the nursing homes COVID-19 county positivity rate is >10% AND <70% of residents in the facility are fully vaccinated;
- Residents with confirmed COVID-19 infection, whether vaccinated or unvaccinated until they have met the criteria to discontinue Transmission-Based Precautions; OR
- Residents in quarantine, whether vaccinated or unvaccinated, until they have met criteria for release from quarantine.
- Visitation Hours will be every day from for 60 minute increments:
- 10:30-11:30 am
- 2:30-3:30 pm
- 6:30-7:30 pm Monday evenings
- Visitation During and Outbreak; An outbreak exists when a new nursing home onset of COVID-19 occurs (i.e., ONE (1) new COVID-19 case among residents or staff). In the event of an outbreak, visitation will be suspended until one full round of outbreak testing is completed.
- If no new cases are identified, visitation will resume for residents in areas/units with no COVID-19 cases.
- If the outbreak testing reveals one or more additional COVID-19 cases in other areas/units of the facility visitation will be suspended for ALL residents until the facility meets criteria to discontinue outbreak testing.
- All visitors must wear an appropriate facemask or facial covering at all times when on facility premises. Families are encouraged to arrive with their own facemask. Residents/patients will also be required to wear a facemask or facial covering. NO EXCEPTIONS
- Social distancing (6 feet) must be maintained at all times during the visit. No physical contact will be permitted at any time unless the resident and visitor are fully vaccinated, then close contact (including touching) may occur.
- Visitors will be required to sanitize their hands with facility provided hand sanitizer before the visit begins and upon conclusion of the visit.
- Staff will be monitoring the visitation area during the visit to ensure compliance with guidelines. Any person who fails to adhere to the protocol and core principles of infection control and prevention will be asked to leave.