Ways to Give to Good Samaritan University Hospital
Donations from our generous supporters help Good Samaritan Hospital deliver the highest level of quality care that our community deserves while also helping to advance and expand our services and programs. Donations can also help our health care heroes who work tirelessly each day to provide compassionate and excellent care to our patients and their loved ones.
Good Samaritan Parable
The Good Samaritan parable is one of the most beloved Gospel stories for young and old alike. The story is simple but speaks to the profound impact that our compassion and generosity can have even for strangers, some we may never meet. You do not need to be a doctor or nurse to play a role in the healing of others. You, too, can be a Good Samaritan and be a beacon of compassion and hope through philanthropy.
Impact of Donations
Our generous benefactors—including the extraordinary Guilds of Good Samaritan, individuals, foundations, corporations and community service organizations—have all left an indelible mark on the lives of our patients, physicians, nurses and employees. Donations have enabled the hospital to initiate new programs, purchase cutting-edge technology and modernize facilities.
Good Samaritan University Hospital is proud to recognize all donors who contribute $1,000 or more annually as GSHMC Leadership Giving Society members. With your unwavering support, we continue to make tremendous progress in improving the quality, safety, and respect with which we deliver our care, using both innovative technology and hands-on compassion.
Please call 631-376-4365 for more information about how to become a member.
You can designate your donation to be used where it's most needed or you can specify a specific area that has impacted you in a meaningful way, including:
- Emergency Services
- The Stroke & Brain Aneurysm Center
- The Breast Health Center
- The BirthPlace
- The Cancer Institute
- The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Community Health Programs
Ways to Give
The Good Samaritan University Hospital Foundation hosts a number of signature fundraising events to support the hospital and raise funds for critical programs, services and equipment. Events include longtime annual fundraisers such as the Good Samaritan Golf Classic and Ball as well as unique special pop-up events like the Good Sam Jam and the Sunset Luau on Fire Island.
Don't miss the 25th Annual Good Samaritan University Hospital Golf Classic on Tuesday, September 26, 2023 at the Glen Oaks Club in Old Westbury.
We are so pleased to honor longtime supporters, Matthew & Jill Barbara and The Barbara Family. Please join us in celebrating the Barbara's and their inspiring commitment to our community while also supporting Good Samaritan.
All proceeds will benefit Trauma Services & Research at Good Samaritan University Hospital. As the only verified Level I Adult Trauma Center and Level II Pediatric Trauma Center on the south shore, Good Samaritan offers residents of Long Island access to one-of-its-kind emergency care for adults and children.
In honor of our silver anniversary Golf Classic, we have added a ladies cocktail event, "Spirits & Sparkles." This event will be held during the Classic from 3:00-5:00 pm at Glen Oaks. A ticket will include chic gifts, cocktails, hors d'oeuvres, pop-up shops and entry to the lavish Golf Classic cocktail hour and sit-down dinner.
In addition to financial donations, Good Samaritan University Hospital accepts in-kind donations such as toys and homemade blankets for our patients. The generosity of donors around the holidays helps us to make the season brighter for children who are hospitalized and assists us as we care for these precious patients throughout the year.
In-kind donations are used to help celebrate birthdays, offer helpful distractions during difficult and painful procedures, and to provide comfort during the healing process.
Please call 631-376-4365 or email Victoria.Ardito2@chsli.org for more information and to learn about our in-kind gift acceptance policies and current needs.
Donating monthly helps Good Samaritan University Hospital deliver the compassionate care our community relies upon and ensures the hospital continues to meet the ever-changing health care needs of our community and beyond.
Your monthly gift is an investment in the health, happiness and well-being of your neighbors—even your very own family—and will make an impact on countless lives. Here's How.
Making a planned gift is a wonderful way to show your support and appreciation for Good Samaritan University Hospital and its mission while accommodating your own personal, financial, estate-planning and philanthropic goals. With smart planning, you may actually increase the size of your estate and/or reduce the tax burden on your heirs.
Just as important, you will know that you have made a meaningful contribution to ensure the future of Good Samaritan University Hospital. There are numerous planned giving opportunities for interested donors, consistent with your philanthropic goals and personal financial situations. Working with your financial advisor is most often the best way to achieve these goals.
Please call 631-376-5987 or email Kelly.Scherer@chsli.org for more information.
By making a gift through your will, there is no cost now and you may secure a charitable estate-tax deduction for the value of the gift.
How it works:
- Include a bequest provision in your will or revocable trust
- At your death Good Samaritan University Hospital receives the bequest you specified
- You may change your bequest or trust designation at any time
- You control the funding property during your lifetime
- Your bequest or trust designation will not be subject to any potential federal estate tax
- You provide future support for Good Samaritan University Hospital
How it works:
- Send unendorsed stock certificates by registered mail or instruct your broker to make the transfer from your account to our account
- You receive an income-tax deduction
- Good Samaritan University Hospital may keep or sell the securities
- You receive a federal income-tax deduction for the full fair-market value of the securities
- You avoid long-term capital-gain tax on any appreciation in the value of the stock
- Your gift will support Good Samaritan University Hospital as you designate
How it works:
- Name Good Samaritan University Hospital as beneficiary for part or all of your retirement-plan benefits
- Funds are transferred by plan administrator as you wish or upon death
- No federal income tax is due on the funds that pass to Good University Samaritan Hospital
- No federal estate tax on the funds
- You make a significant gift for the programs you support at Good Samaritan University Hospital
How it works:
- You assign all the rights in your insurance policy to Good Samaritan University Hospital, designate us as irrevocable beneficiary, and then receive an income tax deduction.
- Good Samaritan University Hospital may surrender the policy for its cash value or hold it and receive the proceeds at your death.
- You receive a federal income-tax deduction
- If premiums remain to be paid, you can receive income tax deductions for contributions to Good Samaritan University Hospital to pay these premiums
- You can make a substantial gift on the installment plan
- Good Samaritan University Hospital receives a gift they can use now or hold for the future
How it works:
- Make a gift of your closely held stock to Good Samaritan University Hospital and get a qualified appraisal to determine its value
- You receive a charitable income tax deduction for the full fair-market value of the stock
- Good Samaritan University Hospital may keep the stock or offer to sell it back to your company
- You receive an income tax deduction for the fair-market value of stock
- You pay no capital-gain tax on any appreciation
- Your company may repurchase the stock, thereby keeping your ownership interest intact
- Good Samaritan University Hospital receives a significant gift
Support the Aortic Center
Meet Our Volunteers
Our volunteers participate in events and projects including our Veterans Appreciation program, bake sales, flower sales, thrift shop activities and community health fairs.
Stay In the Know
Get interesting news and updates from The Good Samaritan Hospital Foundation.