Surgical and Nonsurgical Expertise
Catholic Health physicians are experts at both surgical and nonsurgical treatments for gynecologic conditions. We provide minimally invasive procedures on an outpatient basis. Patients are often referred by other providers for both common and complicated cases.
The benefits of minimally invasive surgeries include:
- Less blood loss
- Less pain
- Quicker recovery
- Reduced risk of complications
- Smaller incisions with improved cosmetic outcomes
Our Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgical Program
Conditions we treat include:
- Uterine cysts
- Pelvic masses
- Infertility from endometriosis or fibroids
- Adenomyosis—tissue that normally lines the uterus grows into the muscular wall of the uterus
- Congenital anomalies
A minimally invasive gynecologic surgeon (MIGS) is an obstetrician/gynecologist. MIGS have additional fellowship training in the latest and most advanced surgical techniques. They use laparoscopy and robotics to resolve gynecologic issues and overall quality of life.
Your surgeon will discuss different management options to help you decide what is right for you. This ranges from conservative medical treatments to fertility-preserving surgery. Sometimes more definitive surgical interventions are required.
Our centers in Rockville Centre, NY (Nassau County) and Babylon, NY (Suffolk County) offer specialized procedures within the office setting to allow for a more streamlined approach and comfortable setting. Procedures include:
- Cystoscopy—checks the health of your urethra and bladder
- Hysteroscopy—helps to diagnose and treat causes of abnormal bleeding