Serving Long Islanders
The Catholic Health Services (CHS) Cancer Institute is committed to providing the highest quality cancer care, close to home. CHS offers a full array of services across the system to address patients’ needs—from preventive screening and diagnostics to state-of-the-art treatments—so that Long Islanders do not need to travel far for care. One of the system’s initiatives is the Lung Cancer Screening Program.
Available at all six CHS hospitals, it offers qualifying at-risk individuals low-dose CT scans to detect lung cancer in its earliest, most treatable stages.
Our Oncology Programs
CHS has programs accredited through the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer, in recognition of the high-caliber care delivered at those facilities. The Cancer Institute at St. Francis Hospital, located in East Hills, and West Islip’s Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center provide community-based, comprehensive cancer care. St. Francis’s Institute also offers a satellite office and infusion center at St. Joseph Hospital in Bethpage. Good Samaritan’s new cancer center, slated to open in 2019, will include expanded supportive services and high-quality, comprehensive care given in a modern, nearby setting.
A Full Spectrum of Cancer Services, Including:
- Advanced Imaging
- Surgical Oncology
- Medical Oncology
- Radiation Oncology
- Infusion Services
- Multidisciplinary Treatment Programs
- Onsite Laboratory & Pharmacy Services
- Survivorship & Wellness Programs
- Oncology-Dedicated Psychosocial & Nutrition Care
- Genetic Counseling
- Pastoral Care
- Financial Counseling
CHS’s system-wide approach to oncology ensures that patients receive
the highest level of compassionate, quality care in a comfortable setting,
close to home.
Advanced Medical Technology
- Da Vinci Robotic-Assisted Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Access to Clinical Trials
- Latest Immunotherapy Treatments
- Varian TrueBeam Radiation Therapy
- Stereotactic Full-Body Radiation Therapy
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery
- Endoscopic Ultrasonography
- Navigational Bronchoscopy
- Advanced 3D Imaging (PET/CT/Mammography)
- Low-Dose CT Cancer Scanning
- Personalized Treatment Options
For information, please call (855) CHS-4500 (855-247-4500) or search for an expert oncologist or other physician.
Compassionate, Quality Care
The CHS Cancer Institute is committed to providing the highest quality cancer care, close to home.