Ready to Play Ball
St. Charles Hospital (Port Jefferson, NY) offers pre-season injury prevention screenings and pre-season physical performance evaluations to help baseball players avoid common shoulder and elbow injuries. Physical performance evaluations are offered at the hospital's Long Island rehabilitation outpatient locations and conducted in three sessions, beginning eight weeks before pre-season begins.
Specially trained sports physical therapists assess the mobility and range of motion in a player's shoulder, elbow and lower body. They test:
- Overall balance and perception
- Stability of the upper body and core
- Strength of upper and lower limbs
Players receive a tailored exercise program based upon initial assessments. In the third and final session, a player is evaluated to measure progress with the exercise program.
Screenings include all three sessions for $150.
Call 631-474-6797 for more information or to make an appointment.
Pre-season physical performance evaluations for baseball players are available at several Catholic Health Outpatient Rehabilitation locations.
- Three one-hour sessions with a sports physical therapist include a comprehensive, individual assessment to identify any areas of concern including muscle imbalances, range of motion limitation and balance deficits.
- Development of a training program designed to meet each athletes individual problem areas.
- Education on injury prevention and arm care.
- Recommendation is for the first session should be performed at least eight weeks prior to the start of a season and the final assessment performed at the start of preseason.
- Program includes all three sessions for $150.