Recipe: Chocolate Hummus
Courtesy of St. Charles Hospital
- 2 each 15oz cans chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 Cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 Cup tahini (or substitute sun butter or peanut butter)
- 3/4 Cup maple syrup (pure, not imitation)
- 1/2 Cup chocolate syrup
- Place drained and rinsed chick peas in a sauce pot and cover in room temperature water
- Place on high heat and bring to a boil for 1 minute
- Remove from heat and drain
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor bowl and mix until smooth. Can be done in batches if food processor is not large enough but place in a bowl after processing and mix thoroughly to blend all the batches.
- Serve with apple wedges, pretzels, bananas or whatever else you may like.