Recipe: Garlic Citrus Grilled Shrimp
Garlic Citrus Grilled Shrimp
Courtesy of Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center
- 1 lb. large shrimp (21-25 shrimp per pound)
- 1/8 cup cilantro leaves chopped
- 1/2 garlic clove chopped
- 1.5 tsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/8 tsp. kosher salt
- Mix the lime juice, kosher salt, ½ the cilantro leaves and chopped garlic together.
- Let stand for 20 minutes at room temperature.
- On a sheet pan, place some olive oil and heat under the broiler.
- Place some of the shrimp on the sheet pan so that they are NOT too crowded.
- Broil on one side for 2 minutes until the shrimp start to turn pink. Then, turn them over and grill the other side for 1 more minute.
- Serve 5 shrimp per person and garnish with additional chopped cilantro.
Nutrition per serving: 140 calories, 15 g protein, 13 g carbohydrates, fat 3.19 g, 1 g saturated fat, 188 mg sodium, 62 mg cholesterol