Recipe: Pasta with Broccoli
Pasta with Broccoli
Recipe Courtesy of Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves, garlic
- 3 Tbsp freshly squeeze lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 (8 oz) package pasta
- 1 head broccoli
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Warm olive oil in a small frying pan over low heat.
- Slowly cook garlic in oil until golden, about two to three minutes. Be very careful not to burn garlic.
- Stir in lemon juice and season with pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water.
- About five minutes before pasta is done, drop broccoli into the pasta water.
- Continue to cook until pasta is cooked and broccoli is crisp-tender.
- Toss pasta, broccoli and lemon sauce in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.