Healthy Weight, Healthy Lifestyle
At Catholic Health, we offer a wide selection of nonsurgical programs to help you achieve and maintain a healthy weight and healthier lifestyle. With locations across Long Island, you can find compassionate and expert care close to home.
Our weight loss experts can help you meet your goals whether you need to lose 20 pounds, 200 pounds or more. We tailor diet plans and programs to your exact needs. When needed, a bariatric physician supervises your progress and oversees your care. We offer group classes and personal counseling as well.
Nutrition and Dietary Programs
The weight loss team at St. Charles Hospital treats children and adults age 15 years and older. Our medically managed, nonsurgical weight loss approach features education, peer support, seminars and support groups to help you stop obesity for life.
The Weight Management Program at St. Francis Hospital & Heart Center® is a six-month program designed to help you achieve and maintain a healthy weight. Our team works with you to develop a customized weight loss strategy based on your needs and goals. You choose the weight loss support services you want from a range of options such as meal replacement, exercise instruction and behavioral health services.
We offer medically supervised exercise plans in partnership with the cardiac rehabilitation program at St. Francis Hospital for patients with heart issues.
Our program features:
- Choice of diet meal plans
- Exercise planning
- Nutritional counseling
- Physical training options
- Psychosocial support to address your emotional and behavioral needs
- Weekly educational meetings
We offer meal plan options under the New Direction® Weight Management System. Options include:
- Individualized Diet Meal Plan. Provides consultation with our registered dietitian. We'll help you develop strategies for meal planning, grocery shopping and dining out that promote balanced eating. The program includes weekly educational and peer support seminars to help you reach your weight management goals.
- New Direction Low Calorie Diet. Offers partial meal replacement using New Direction supplement and grocery meals. The program features weekly educational seminars and peer support. Exercise guidance is available as needed.
Education and Support
Outpatient nutrition services provide individual counseling, group classes and community lectures from a registered dietitian.
- Changing Our Weighs. A 12-week program that coaches you in behavior and lifestyle changes to help you achieve a healthier weight.
- The Heart of Good Eating. A one-hour class taught by a registered dietitian. You’ll learn the basic principles of heart-healthy nutrition. You’ll receive tips on dining out and reading labels and more to help you reach your weight loss goals.
Do you or a loved one have diabetes?
Catholic Health Diabetes Education Centers offer support and education at locations across Long Island.