Over 100 Years of Compassionate Medical Care
Our Lady of Consolation Nursing & Rehabilitation, a non-profit, mission-based organization, has been providing quality medical care since its establishment in 1894 as St. Catherine’s Infirmary, a convalescent home in Long Island under the direction of the Sisters of St. Dominic. In 1933, it was named Our Lady of Consolation Home for the Aged. Then, in 1975, the home was named Consolation Residence and relocated to West Islip, NY, overlooking the Great South Bay. From 1975 to 1997, Our Lady of Consolation operated as a 250-bed geriatric nursing home. In 1997, the nursing home opened a new 80,000 sq. ft., 200-bed addition to its existing facility.
Our Continued Commitment to Excellence
Today, Our Lady of Consolation Nursing & Rehabilitation has grown significantly as a 450-bed post-acute and long-term nursing and rehabilitative care center. Our commitment to delivering excellent and compassionate care to our patients and residents has never wavered. As a member of the Catholic Health system, we play an integral role in the health care delivery system of the Diocese of Rockville Centre and offer continuing care expertise in restorative rehabilitative, geriatric, medically complex, and specialized dementia disease care
Our Lady of Consolation Nursing & Rehabilitation is committed to the belief and philosophy that recognizes the dignity and uniqueness of each person. Compassionate care is provided in a nurturing environment with the utmost respect to enhance the health and well-being of all. We remain focused on meeting the ever-changing and challenging health care needs of our diverse population.
Awards and Recognitions
- Named a Top-Performing Nursing Home by U.S. News & World Report for 2020 and 2021.
- Rate by U.S. News & World Report as High Performing for short-term rehabilitation the past three years in a row.
- Received an overall rating of 4 stars from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) with a 5-star rating in quality.
- Recognized on Newsweek’s list of Best Nursing Homes for 2020 and 2021.
- Medicare and Medicaid
- Accredited by The Joint Commission
- Licensed, New York State Department of Health
For inquiries regarding Our Lady of Consolation Nursing and Rehabilitation disclosure information, please contact the Administration at 631-587-1600.