Recipe courtesy of Christina Adduci, MS, RD, CDN, Clinical Nutrition Manager, St. Francis Hospital & Heart Center®
Total Time: 60 minutes
Makes 8 servings
- 6 medium apples, (honey crisp or gala) peeled and diced
- ½ cup raisins
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ cup honey
For the Topping:
- 1 cup quick oats
- 3 Tablespoons light brown sugar (not packed)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 ½ Tablespoons butter, melted
1. Heat oven to 350ºF.
2. Combine apples, raisins, cinnamon, honey and lemon juice in large bowl.
3. Sprinkle with cornstarch. Toss until fruit is coated.
4. Place fruit in an ungreased 9 x 9 baking dish.
5. Mix the remaining topping ingredients. Sprinkle over fruit.
6. Bake about 40 minutes or until topping is golden brown and fruit is tender.
Nutrition Facts: 182 calories, 4g fat, 35g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 2g protein