Recipe Courtesy of St. Charles Hospital
- 4 bags green tea
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup Sugar in the Raw
- 2 cups fresh mixed berries
Dark Chocolate and Avocado Mousse
- 2 avocados, very ripe
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, melted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch sea salt
- Combine all ingredients for mousse in a food processor and puree until smooth and creamy.
- Divide into 4 evenly sized portions and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, bring water and Sugar in the Raw to a boil.
- Add tea bags and let steep for 5 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and cool to room temperature.
- Dress fresh berries with syrup and allow to sit for approximately 30 minutes.
- Remove the portioned mousse from the refrigerator and, using a slotted spoon, top with macerated berries.
- Reserve extra syrup for use as a sweetener in other recipes.