- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Crushed sea salt and pepper to taste
Acai, Sliced Fruit & Honeycomb Drizzle
- 1/2 cup frozen acai puree
- 2 medium strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh blueberries
- 1/2 teaspoon raw honey with honeycomb
- 1/4 cup homemade peanut butter granola with toasted shredded coconut
Homemade Peanut Butter Granola with Toasted Shredded Coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Stir together oats, almonds, chia seeds, cinnamon and sea salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl, stir together the melted coconut oil, peanut butter, honey and vanilla extract until combined.
- Pour the coconut oil mixture into the oat mixture and stir until evenly combined.
- Spread the granola out evenly on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
- Remove pan from the oven, add the coconut and mix the granola. Bake for an additional 5 minutes until the granola is lightly toasted and golden in appearance.
- Remove granola from oven, transfer to a wire rack and let cool.
- Store granola in an airtight container at room temperature.
Acai, Sliced Fresh Fruit & Honeycomb Drizzle
- Place a 1/2 cup scoop of frozen acai puree to defrost in a large bowl.
- Spread the sliced strawberries around the outer rim of the bowl, lay the banana slices around the rim of strawberries, then lay the blueberries around the rim of bananas.
- In the center of the well created by the blueberries, place the homemade granola. Serve granola semi-hot for best aromatic flavor and texture over acai bowl.
- Drizzle the raw honey over the fruit and granola.
- Layer your bowl with a variety of toppings to make it more flavorful and nutritious. Be mindful of portion sizes and select healthy toppings like old-fashioned oats, almonds, coconut oil, peanut butter, strawberries, bananas, blueberries, kiwi, mango, pineapple, chia seeds, honey and cinnamon