Catholic Health was honored by The Long Island Press with multiple Healthcare Heroes awards. The Long Island Press event took place May 12th at Terrace on the Park in Flushing Meadows–Corona Park. The night celebrated dedicated New York State health care workers in our region.
Catholic Health President & CEO Patrick O’Shaughnessy, DO, MBA, spoke to attendees, recognizing their achievements. “Health care workers are tireless in their commitment to restoring the infirm to wellness,” said Dr. O’Shaughnessy. “It’s very edifying when recognition comes from an outside organization. We’re grateful to The Long Press for honoring our team and other deserving heroes.”
The Healthcare Heroes event recognized professionals from multiple health care systems serving Long Island, including Catholic Health, whose honorees included:
- Danielle O’Rourke, Nurse Manager SICU, Good Samaritan Hospital
- Louis Calderon, Director Nursing, Emergency Department
- Denise Calvi, Assistant Director Nursing, Emergency Department, Mercy Hospital
- Anthony Daniello, Director, Environmental Services
- Bonnie Morales, Director, Infection Prevention & Control, St. Catherine of Sienna Hospital
- Chris Roth, Physical Therapist/Lead Sports Therapist
- Laura Beck, Vice President, Rehabilitation, St. Charles Hospital
- Shannon Sullivan, MICU2/Assistant Nurse Manager
- Kathleen Burke, Telecommunications, Manager, St. Francis Hospital & Heart Center®
- Allison Lace, Director of Nursing, Emergency Department, St. Joseph Hospital
- Maribeth McKeever, Director of Bereavement, Coordinator of Gabriel’s Courage, Good Shepherd Hospice
“Since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, Catholic Health has returned close to 15,000 hospitalized COVID patients to their families,” said Dr. O’Shaughnessy. “Events like these recognize the dedication of our amazing health care professionals. We salute and congratulate all those honored.”
To find a doctor near you, please call (866) MY-LI-DOC (866-695-4362).