24-Hour Emergency Care Across Long Island
All Catholic Health hospitals in Nassau and Suffolk counties have 24-hour, seven days a week emergency departments that offer pediatric emergency medicine services. At Good Samaritan University Hospital in West Islip, we offer a dedicated Pediatric Emergency Department—the only one of its kind in the area—and the only verified Level II Trauma Center for children and Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) on the south shore of Long Island.
Dial 9-1-1 now if you need immediate medical assistance.
Catholic Health's board-certified emergency medicine physicians, registered nurses, radiologists and additional support staff offer clinical excellence for pediatric emergency conditions, including orthopedic injuries, head injuries, respiratory infections, gastrointestinal issues and allergic reactions. Their compassionate care puts children at ease and provides comfort to parents.
Good Samaritan Hospital Pediatric Emergency Department
Good Samaritan Hospital’s Pediatric Emergency Department ensures that parents and their children are comfortable while waiting for care. The pediatric waiting room is separate from adult and behavioral health populations as well as larger to allow for better patient flow. Child-friendly themes create a more calming environment.
- 12 treatment bays (two are isolation rooms)
- 24-hour coverage by pediatric and trauma surgeons, intensivists and specialists
- Pediatric emergency medicine specialists and pediatricians
- Pediatric specialists, such as pediatric cardiologists and pediatric pulmonologists
- Diagnostic and monitoring equipment, such as pediatric cardiac monitors and point-of-care ultrasound equipment to accommodate children’s unique needs
- Only verified Level II Trauma Center for children on the south shore of Long Island
- Only Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) on the south shore of Long Island
- Child Life Program helps children and their parents cope with hospitalization
Child Life Program at Good Samaritan University Hospital
Child life experts help children and families cope with the hospital experience.
Pediatric Emergency Department
Good Samaritan University Hospital
West Islip, NY Hospital
Rockville Centre, NY Hospital
St. Charles Hospital
Port Jefferson, NY Hospital
St. Catherine of Siena Hospital
Smithtown, NY Hospital
St. Joseph Hospital
Bethpage, NY Hospital
St. Francis Hospital & Heart Center®
Roslyn, NY Heart Center Hospital