Delivering Excellence in Health Care
St. Catherine of Siena Hospital, part of the Catholic Health system, is a community hospital located in Smithtown, NY. The hospital has served the residents of the Smithtown area for more than 50 years. We are committed to delivering the highest level of care to our patients who trust us with their health care needs. We are experts in numerous specialties, including women's health, labor and delivery, kidney care and wound care.
Our services are continuously expanding to meet the needs of our community. Our Chest Pain Center, part of the St. Francis Heart Center, provides critical care when minutes count for patients presenting with a heart attack.
St. Catherine of Siena Hospital St. Catherine of Siena Hospital is named after Saint Catherine Benincasa of Siena, Italy, who was noted for her work as a nurse, mediator and spiritual leader during the 14th century.
About St. Catherine of Siena Hospital
St. Catherine of Siena Hospital Leadership
- Declan Doyle, MBA, President
- Randolph G. Howard, Jr., MHA, FACHE, Chief Operating Officer
- Mickel Khlat, DO, Chief Medical Officer
- MaryJane Finnegan, MS, RN, Chief Nursing Officer
- Laurie M. Yuditsky RN, MBA, BSN, CPHQ, Assistant Vice President, Quality and Patient Safety
- Giovanni V. Distefano, Assistant Vice President, Professional Services
- Michelle Pipia-Stiles, Director, Public & Community Relations
Catholic Health Executive Leadership
- Patrick O’Shaughnessy, DO, MBA, MS-POPH, FACEP, CHCQM, President and Chief Executive Officer
- Patrick Minicus, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
- Jason M. Golbin, DO, MBA, MS, Executive Vice President and Chief Medical Officer
- Joseph Lamantia, Executive Vice President Chief Transformation Officer
- Tracy E. Miller, Esq., Executive Vice President and General Counsel
- Dennis Verzi, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer
- Joseph Carofano, Senior Vice President for Strategy and Chief Marketing Officer
- Michael Mainiero, Senior Vice President and Chief Digital Information Officer
- Father Kevin Creagh, Senior Vice President for Mission Integration
- Gara Edelstein, Chief Nursing Officer
- Peggy Maher, Chief Development Officer
- Anthony Pellicano, Senior Vice President and Chief HR Officer
- Rated by U.S. News & World Report as High Performing in Heart Failure and Pneumonia. (2023-2024)
- Received a 4-Star rating for patient satisfaction from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). (July 2022)
- Received the 2022 American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines®-Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award as well as the Target: Stroke Honor Roll Elite Award. Additionally, made the Association’s Target: Type 2 Diabetes Honor Roll.
- Accredited by The Joint Commission, the nation’s largest standards-setting, accrediting body in health care.
- Holds Joint Commission Accreditation for disease-specific care—Stroke.
- Holds Joint Commission Advanced Certification for Program Specific Diseases—Palliative Care.
- Recognized by U.S. News & World Report as high performing for COPD, heart failure, and kidney failure. (2020-2021)
- Designated a Baby-Friendly® birth facility by Baby-Friendly USA, the first hospital to earn the designation in Suffolk County.
- Designated Bariatric Center of Excellence by The American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery.
- Received the 2021 American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines®-Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award as well as the Target: Stroke Honor Roll Elite Award. Additionally, made the Association’s Target: Type 2 Diabetes Honor Roll.
- Earned Healthgrades’ five-star rating for C-Section Delivery in 2020.
- Designated a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology.
- Accredited by the American College of Radiology in MRI, CT, ultrasound, ultrasound breast, ultrasound-guided breast biopsy, ultrasound vascular, mammography and stereotactic breast biopsy.
LAST UPDATED: AUGUST 2023
St. Catherine of Siena Hospital offers free wellness events and free health screenings.
We, at Catholic Health, humbly join together to bring Christ’s healing mission and the mission of mercy of the Catholic Church expressed in Catholic health care to our communities.
Catholic Health will be recognized as the premier health system on Long Island.
We commit to excellence in all we do by providing care that is state of the art, compassionate, and patient centered. Every person, every time.
Driven by innovation, rooted in our Catholic faith, and grounded in our humanity, we will transform the way health care is delivered to become the most trusted health partner to all communities we serve.
Our I-CARE Values
Integrity: We are who we say we are and act in accordance with the splendor of truth of our Catholic moral teaching and our Catholic values.
Compassion: We have compassion for our patients, see the suffering Christ in them, strive to alleviate suffering and serve the spiritual, physical and emotional needs of our patients.
Accountability: We take responsibility for our actions and their consequences.
Respect: We honor the sanctity of life at every stage of life and the dignity of every person, and incorporate all the principles of Catholic social teaching in our relationships and advocacy.
Excellence: We seek the glory of God in the compassionate service of our patients, and we strive to do the best that can be done, whatever our role.
The Story Behind Our Logo
Our logo communicates the power of faith, hope and healing found both in our Catholic Faith and our work at Catholic Health. The shape of the logo evokes two images. The first is that of a chalice and sacred host, representing the elements of Holy Communion, the Body and Blood of Jesus Christ, the very heart of the Catholic Faith. As a graphic element, the chalice and host also becomes the figure of a human person, arms uplifted in a celebration of the gifts of life, health and healing, especially as these reflect the mission of Catholic Health.