24-Hour Emergency Care for Our Community
Good Samaritan University Hospital in West Islip, NY, offers residents on the south shore of Long Island access to one-of-its-kind emergency care for adults and children.
- Only Verified Level I Adult Trauma Center named by the American College of Surgeons on the south shore of Long Island.
- Only Verified Level II Pediatric Trauma Center named by the American College of Surgeons on the south shore of Long Island, providing 24-hour coverage by pediatric and trauma surgeons and specialists.
- Only dedicated Pediatric Emergency Department in the area.
- Only Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) on the south shore of Suffolk County.
- Only hospital on Long Island to be designated a Comprehensive Stroke Center by both the Joint Commission and New York State Department of Health.
We deliver the highest level of care for emergent medical issues, including: heart attack; head injuries; orthopedic injuries; pediatric injuries; respiratory distress; stroke; and trauma.
Call 9-1-1 immediately if you are experiencing a medical emergency
Comprehensive Stroke Care
The Stroke & Brain Aneurysm Center of Long Island at Good Samaritan University Hospital provides specialized care for patients with complex strokes. Our neurointerventionalists are leading experts in using the latest and most advanced neurointerventional procedures. They deliver the fastest and most accurate treatment when every second counts and immediate care is required.
Good Samaritan University Hospital received the 2022 American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines®-Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award as well as the Target: Stroke Honor Roll Elite Award and Target: Stroke Honor Roll Advanced Therapy Award.
Treatment: IV IPA
Number treated 2021-2022: 80
Number treated 2021-2022: 773
Number treated 2021-2022: 179
A visit to the emergency department is overwhelming both for children and their parents or caregivers. Our dedicated pediatric emergency department separates children from adult and behavioral health populations. Board-certified pediatricians and multidisciplinary pediatric specialists focus solely on your child. Our certified child life specialists, as part of our unique Child Life Program, help children and their parents cope with the stress of illness and hospitalization.View pediatric emergency medicine services
Call 9-1-1 immediately if you are experiencing a medical emergency.