Comprehensive Care and Disease Management
Catholic Health treats all diabetes, endocrine and metabolic conditions at locations across Long Island. Our specialists use the latest treatments and therapies to help patients living with Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes, thyroid disorders and other conditions related to the body’s endocrine (gland) system.
A dedicated staff of board-certified physicians, registered nurses, dietitians and certified diabetes educators are experts in treating adult diabetes. Their personalized approach to care gives you the education and tools to help manage your condition and live a healthy and productive life.
Diabetes & Endocrinology Conditions We Treat
- Adrenal disease
- Adult diabetes
- Endocrine induced hypertension
- Gestational diabetes
- Hyperlipidemia (high cholesterol)
- Metabolic syndrome
- Osteoporosis and bone disorders
- Paraneoplastic disease
- Pediatric diabetes
- Pituitary disorders
- Reproductive hormone disorders
- Thyroid disorders
Diabetes Education Centers
Our centers are recognized by the American Diabetes Association.
- Diabetes Education Center at Mercy Hospital (Rockville Centre, NY)
- Diabetes Education Center at St. Charles Hospital (Port Jefferson, NY)
- Diabetes Education Center at St. Francis Hospital & Heart Center® (Roslyn, NY)
- Diabetes Education Center at St. Joseph Hospital (Bethpage, NY)
- Good Samaritan University Hospital
At our centers across Long Island, diabetes educators and experts give you the knowledge and support to manage your diabetes and reduce complications. One-on-one appointments, as well as group classes and support groups, offer helpful skills so you can live a healthy and productive life.
All Diabetes Education Centers are recognized by the American Diabetes Association.
- Blood glucose monitoring and results
- Community resources
- Controlling glucose levels
- Foot and skin care
- Insulin pump education
- Mental health support
- Preventing and detecting complications
- Understanding medications
St. Francis Hospital & Heart Center® is nationally recognized by U.S. News & World Report for Diabetes & Endocrinology. St. Francis Hospital & Heart Center®, Good Samaritan University Hospital, and Mercy Hospital are rated by U.S. News & World Report as high performing in diabetes.
Catholic Health Wound Care Centers
Our centers across Long Island help patients with wound complications from diabetes.